"The touchstone of an excellent curriculum is that it instils in children a love of learning for its own sake."
Sir Jim Rose
We have been developing our grounds and our provision to make learning at Rowan School an exciting, fun thing that children want to do.
Our Creative Curriculum is designed to foster each child's social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development and to enhance learning in literacy, maths, science, social studies, the arts, and technology.
Children are encouraged to investigate, create, discover and communicate in order to add to their current knowledge and expand their interests and skills.
Our aim is that every child leaves our school with a solid foundation on which knowledge and positive self-esteem can grow and flourish.
Here are some of the things we focus on:
Health and well being
- Keep fit through physical activity
- Positive self image
- Eat healthily in response to level of activity undertaken
- Extend interest in outdoor activities beyond school
- Generate ideas
- Identify questions/problems to resolve
- Try a variety of solutions
- Vary and adapt ideas according to changing circumstances
- Ask questions
- Connect their own and others ideas in imaginative ways
Environmental awareness and understanding
- Experience a range of different environments
- Respond positively to differing environments
- Understand our impact on the environment
- Demonstrate and take an active part in care for the environment
Appreciate and draw inspiration from the environment
- Seek out new challenges
- Work towards goals,
Manage own emotions
- Participate and interact
- Communicate needs and ideas
- Communicate in order to learn
If you require any additional information about our curriculum, please contact the school office on 0114 2350479
Further information about Organisation